Feedback & Reviews

customer

Feedback from NinjaStik users and reviewers.

If you have a question regarding the NinjaStik you can also email admin@ninjastik.com.

NINJASTIK REVIEWS

So for those times when you really don’t want your friendly national surveillance service (or that freak Carrie Mathison from “Homeland”) watching everything you do online, there’s NinjaStik. For everything else there’s, well, everything else.  I feel much safer already.

Dan Tynan – ITWorld

Overall it’s a nice little tool for less tech savvy people trying to get a little privacy online, and are in a situation where they’re mobile and using computers that don’t belong to them or are shared with un-trusted parties.

School of Privacy

…quite simply, the NinjaStik does what it says on the tin and I heartily recommend it to anyone who wants secure and anonymous online communications as well as encrypted filestorage without the hassle of having to learn how to configure it all themselves.

Alexander Hanff – Think Privacy

For most people, spending less than $70 on a device that they know will work, and has great support from Jeremy at NinjaStik.com, is a lot easier than messing with something they are not fully schooled in. No hassle, guaranteed.

jasonknolton.com

Reviews on the Run – video review of the NinjaStik

COMMENTS FROM THE WEB

• A robust SwissArmyKnife for privacy on- & off-line while browsing or not!
  • 60 seconds to anonymity – sweet and it works!
  • I bought a Ninja Stick from Jeremy because he had incorporated Lubuntu, FireFox and Tor into a USB.  This is an amazing accomplishment, giving anyone almost complete privacy and anonymity off virtually any computer.
  • They made sure that if I was not satisfied I was aware that I could get a refund.  I figured I’d buy another computer before I’d give up my Ninja Stick.  If he wanted it back he would have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers.
  • Great product, reasonable price, excellent customer service.

Tell EVERYONE about the NinjaStik...TwitterFacebookGoogle+EmailPinterestLinkedInReddittumblr

116 Responses to “Feedback & Reviews”

1. none March 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm #

for anyone looking at this product, I purchased 2 16 GB ninjastiks, they both work as claimed – seem very well put together. I also checked the encryption and each device has it’s own individual encryption key – no vulnerability found. As others have noted the support is very friendly – Highly recommended from this buyer.

• ninjastik March 20, 2014 at 8:39 am #

Thank you for the feedback and reassurance about the encryption. Cheers!

2. none March 10, 2014 at 1:04 am #

My review of this product: It didn’t work with my macbook pro until I used the second method that included downloading refit. Works well with my asus netbook. It does boot up within the 1 minute advertised time. Most websites work just like normal, some are a bit slow but not terribly so. Overall this is a 9/10 – great product.

• ninjastik March 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

Great review and thank you very much!

3. none February 21, 2014 at 5:55 pm #

Just received my ninjastik in the mail earlier this week, works exactley like you promise. just ordered 2 more for relatives. Thanks for this so much.

• ninjastik February 23, 2014 at 12:37 pm #

Thank you very much for the second order as well. Cheers.

4. none February 15, 2014 at 1:19 pm #

I have one, didn’t work with my Mac (osx10.7) but it worked perfectly on my old toshiba laptop. Highly recommended!!!!!!

• ninjastik February 16, 2014 at 11:36 am #

Happy to hear it worked with one of your computers. OSX 10.7 seems to be a problem getting devices to boot from USB. Thanks for the recco!

5. none February 2, 2014 at 11:18 pm #

found this while searching for anonymous browsing, bought the 8 gigabyte unit and it is amazing. So very easy to use and great support too!

• ninjastik February 16, 2014 at 11:34 am #

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated!

6. none December 21, 2013 at 10:26 pm #

Great little device for private browsing, needed a bit of help getting it to boot on my computer but the support from the admin was fast and very friendly.

• ninjastik December 24, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

Thanks for the feedback – enjoy!

7. none December 3, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

highly recommended – mine arrived last week and worked right out of the box – exactly what i needed. Thanks

8. ryan November 14, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

I bought 2 16gb ninjastik’s and they are incredible. My friend loves it but I screwed mine up by changing the password and using an uppercase letter in my password while my computer will not let me use caps on the unbuntu load screen for some reason. I brought this to the attention of tech support asking if there was anything I could do. A man named Jeremy replied ” Yes , we can send you a new one and it is in the mail”. Great product , and without a doubt in my mind the best costumer service I have ever had in my life. I will recommend this product to everyone I get the chance too. I would like to give a big thanks to the whole Ninjastik staff!!

• ninjastik November 15, 2013 at 5:20 am #

Thanks for the feedback!

9. Anonymous November 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm #

bought this for browsing BMR and SMP – worked right out of the box, thanks

• ninjastik November 12, 2013 at 7:12 am #

glad to hear it is working, be careful out there!

10. Anonymous November 10, 2013 at 7:05 pm #

purchased a ninjastick last week, it arrived Friday – have been surfing the deepweb for days. It’s amazing what is out there. Recommended!

• ninjastik November 12, 2013 at 7:12 am #

It certainly is a whole new world, thanks for the feedback

11. Anonymous November 9, 2013 at 2:07 pm #

prior to this I spent 2 weeks trying to get encrypted email setup through Tor on my notebook – got my Ninjastik on Thursday and had encrypted email 2 minutes later – worth every single penny spent.

• ninjastik November 12, 2013 at 7:13 am #

thanks for the purchase and let us know if you have any questions!

12. Tom October 7, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

I ordered on of these last week and can’t wait for it to arrive, basic question, my main computer is a Mac (OS X Lion) but I also use a pc. Can the stik be set up for both systems or do I have to choose one or the other. I’m not too bothered if it’s just one, probably just use my old laptop.

• ninjastik October 8, 2013 at 5:31 am #

You can use the NinjaStik on both, you can go from Mac to PC and back to Mac again. Apple has really locked down the ability to boot from USB with the latest updates but most of our Mac owners have been successful in using the NinjaStik. If you have any difficulties when it arrives just send us an email. And thanks for ordering!

13. Jack October 5, 2013 at 3:44 pm #

I bought one of these in March 2013 but it was only 15.00. I think I got ripped off since It included only GPG4WIN and some onion address and true crypt. It did not have secure email account program with it. I have had hell getting gpg4WIN to work . Is this the same flash drive I bought. It also included Tor Brower Bundle. I was able to get on the Tor network and to other sites but did not feel secure not being able to use PGP for my address when requested. Is this a new and improved Ningastick or what I already have?

• ninjastik October 5, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

Hi,

It sounds like you purchased from one of our imitators. There are many out there who are putting up similar looking products but without the same functionality, security and customer service.

Sorry to hear you’ve purchased something that sounds rather sketchy, send us an email at admin@ninjastik.com and we may be able to help you out.

14. GM4N September 25, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Ordering was easy.. delivery 3-4 (work) days to Belgium, Europe.
    I like the product, comes in a nice little box and it does exactly what it should do!
    U plug it in any device that can boot from usb and in less then a minute u have your ‘own’ desktop available.
    The costumer service is awesome! I had some issues and everytime i got a good answer within the hour if not sooner. 10/10
    Keep up the good work!
    I would recommend this product to everybody that needs more privacy.

Grtz

• ninjastik September 27, 2013 at 5:22 am #

Thanks for the feedback!

15. Piotr T September 8, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

How would you say your product differs from the The Amnesiac Incognito Live System (TAILS)? What specific advantages does NinjaStik have over this freely available software that may also be installed on USB? Thank you and yes this is a genuine enquiry. If you are unfamiliar with TAILS their website is at:

16. Anonymous September 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

I recently received my ninjastik and it is awesome! Thank you so much for making such a good product. :)

• ninjastik September 6, 2013 at 8:03 am #

Happy to hear you are enjoying the NinjaStik, thanks!

17. Dean August 24, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

I’m considering purchasing NinjaStik. I have one dumb question I can’t seem to find the answer to on the FAQ or elsewhere:

Will the NinjaStik work on Intel and AMD processors, or do you sell an “Intel” version and an “AMD” version?

Thanks in advance….

• ninjastik August 26, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

Hi, The NinjaStik will work with both Intel and AMD processors. Cheers

18. Gayle August 13, 2013 at 8:12 pm #

I purchased one of these Ninjastik, it didn’t work with my macbook, but my money was refunded immediately. After thinking about it for a few weeks I ended up buying a regular notebook and bought another ninjastik and it works good.

19. Anonymous August 6, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

My ninjastick arrived in the mail this week and worked just like the reviews said. plugged in and booted up, bingo, works like a charm Thanks

20. Anonymous August 2, 2013 at 9:35 am #

Your NinjaStik is a masterpiece.

As a linux enthusiast, most people won’t know why it works so well, why – they won’t even be aware THAT it works so well.

Program selection for resource management, support and stability have all
    gone into the mix.

What you have accomplished, is to have made the highest security available
    TURNKEY emphatically TURNKEY.

21. Anonymous July 10, 2013 at 5:56 am #

I was a bit skeptical about this as i’m not that good with computers in general but the ninjastick works just like it says and was online in a minute with it right out of the box.

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:05 am #

Thanks for the feedback and happy to hear that the NinjaStik was easy to use.

22. none July 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

Got my Stik in the mail last week – works perfectly. Emailed a question re using it and received a reply 2 minutes later. Great company, great product, great customer service too.

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:05 am #

Thank you and you are most welcome.

23. Anonymous July 7, 2013 at 12:13 pm #

Works on my HP laptop perfectly, didn’t get it working on my Macbook, but super happy with the NinjaStik overall. Thanks!

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:03 am #

Happy to hear that it worked on the HP. If you do want it to work on the Macbook, send us an email, we’ll work it out. Cheers

24. Anonymous June 22, 2013 at 10:33 pm #

Works exactly as described – customer service was excellent and very patient. 5 of 5 .

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:02 am #

We appreciate your patience too, enjoy your anonymity.

25. Anonymous June 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

Works Great!!!!! I can browse all the… wait, never mind. But it does work great. I say you should get one.

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:01 am #

Thanks, we agreed – everyone should get one.

26. Anonymous June 12, 2013 at 1:45 am #

I am a happy, anonymous and relieved Ninjastick user – highly recommended.

• ninjastik July 11, 2013 at 6:01 am #

Thanks for the feedback

27. Anonymous June 9, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

this is perfect – nsa can kiss my a$$

28. Anonymous June 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

I have a NinjaStik (posting this with it now) watching the NSA stuff in the news today – pretty happy that I have one. Thanks!

• ninjastik June 7, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

Happy to hear you are enjoying your NinjaStik. Since the NinjaStik uses the same protection systems as wikileaks – we’re pretty safe. It’s nice to be able to choose when to keep your privacy.

29. Anonymous May 30, 2013 at 8:05 am #

Works perfectly connected to TOR within a few minutes and no one else who uses my laptop can see TOR installed.

Also had a few tech questions along the way just sent an email to ninjastik and always got quick reply with easy to follow answer

• ninjastik May 30, 2013 at 8:06 am #

Thanks for the feedback!

30. Anonymous May 25, 2013 at 11:01 pm #

tor, pgp email, bitcoin wallet, encrypted storage, all in one – this thing was made for SR! and it gets me on the marketplace in a minute! Thanks!!!!

31. Anonymous May 22, 2013 at 4:55 pm #

lol – damn google auto complete – i agree, knowing everything is safely hidden away on my ‘stik is very nice feeling and that it is not going to haunt me in the future.

• ninjastik May 26, 2013 at 11:35 am #

Privacy certainly is a wonderful thing, thanks for the feedback.

32. Anonymous May 22, 2013 at 11:20 am #

i whole heartedly agree with the last comment – not worrying about who is seeing my history and worrying about my family finding my history or cookies or that damn google auto complete. I recommend it and have told a few of my friends about it too.

• ninjastik May 26, 2013 at 11:37 am #

I think auto complete has caused a lot of grief for a lot of people. Thanks for the feedback and for recommending it to your friends.

33. Anonymous May 21, 2013 at 9:16 pm #

I have had my NinjaStik for 2 weeks now and all I can say is GET ONE for yourself – absolutley fantastic. I want to do a review of this on my youtube page, but have been rather shy about it. Regardless, once you have expreienced the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are hidden, you will never want to do without it. 10 out of 10 for the NinjaStik

• ninjastik May 26, 2013 at 11:33 am #

Thanks for the feedback and looking forward to your video review if you get the time.

34. Anonymous May 13, 2013 at 11:28 am #

got mine on Saturday, slick looking box, so is the Ninjastick, and it worked perfectly on my net book. I’ve already recommended it to my friends.

• ninjastik May 13, 2013 at 11:32 am #

Thanks!

35. none May 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

Hi, my ninjastik arrived in the mail last week, works great. Do you have a tutorial on how to use the encrypted email? Thanx.

36. anonymous May 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm #

I’m a technology newbie so was quite hesitant (looked this for a week before actually buying it) but it works just like your demo video. I have a hp laptop i bought in 2006 and the Ninjastik worked like a charm despite my lack of computer knowledge. Your support was really fast and polite to. Thanx!

• ninjastik May 11, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Thanks for the feedback – remember to tell your friends.

37. bitcoin May 9, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Biought mine with bitcoin and the bitcoin wallet on the ninjastick is super easy to use. Nice to know that I don’t have to worry about getting a virus on my XP computer and losing my bitcoins or having them stolen.

• ninjastik May 11, 2013 at 3:43 pm #

Bitcoin safety is important since you can’t get them back once they are gone. FYI – Watch out for android bitcoin wallet scams – there are a lot out there right now.

38. anonymous May 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm #

Amazing, just amazing how well the NinjaStik works – love it!

• ninjastik May 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Glad to hear you are enjoying it – spread the word and share the freedom!

39. kt May 5, 2013 at 11:30 am #

Although the NinjaStik didn’t work for me, I wasn’t able to get my macbook to boot from usb, the customer service was very helpful and I was refunded immediately upon asking for one. Unhappy that I couldn’t get it working but nice to see they backup the guarantee. If I get a regular laptop I’ll be ordeirng one again.

• ninjastik May 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm #

Sorry again that it didn’t work out. If you have any questions before buying again – just send an email – always happy to assist and advise. btw – the Acer netbooks work great with the NinjaStik and you can pick one up online used for less than $90 on kijiji or craiglist.

40. Anonymous April 28, 2013 at 6:52 am #

This a great product. So easy to use and got onto TOR quickly.

What really sets ninjastik apart is the customer service. Helpful answers to my questions in a matter of minutes….really fantastic customer service!

10/10

• ninjastik April 29, 2013 at 5:17 am #

Thanks for the feedback – always happy to help out.

41. Anonymous April 27, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Excellent customer support and advice.

• ninjastik April 29, 2013 at 5:17 am #

Thanks for leaving feedback – enjoy the NinjaStik!

42. curious April 13, 2013 at 12:56 am #

can I use this with mtgox? does the wallet work with them?

• ninjastik April 13, 2013 at 1:01 am #

It sure does – mtgox is online and the electrum wallet works with any exchange, bitcoin accepting merchant or other person with a wallet. The benefit of the NinjaStik is that the Electrum wallet has a recover option and the NinjaStik is protected with 256bit encryption – so even if you lose it, no one can get to your bitcoins but you can recover them!

43. bitcoin April 12, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

Worked just like it says and having my bitcoins in an encrypted wallet inside an encrypted usb drive is pretty safe, and it was much easier than i thought, Love that recovery feature too. Thanks

44. bitcoin user April 10, 2013 at 10:59 pm #

Thanks! I was able to make a bitcoin purchase this afternoon on the Ninja Stik, very easy.

• ninjastik April 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

Thanks for the feedback – be sure to write down your Electrum seed phrase somewhere safe.

45. anonymous April 8, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

The NinjaStik is exactly as promised here but what blew me away was the customer assistance – had problems with getting my laptop to boot from usb – had a response in minutes and very very patient and detailed help. The ninjastik is awesome. Thanks again.

• ninjastik April 10, 2013 at 8:10 pm #

Thank you very much – you are most welcome. Be sure to spread the word about the NinjaStik.

46. anonymous April 6, 2013 at 8:03 pm #

this made getting onto the marketplace so simple, 60 seconds and there it was! Thanks.

• ninjastik April 10, 2013 at 8:08 pm #

Your welcome – be careful out there ;-)

47. n/a March 29, 2013 at 9:57 am #

I was hesitant as this thing was almost $50 bucks, but now that I have it, highly recommend it for anyone trying to figure out tor themselves. Showed up in my mail fast, very professional package, love the feel of the usb drive, and most importantly it worked right out of the box. Saved me from futzing around with tor, and not worrying if i was actually anonymous. Thanks!

• ninjastik March 29, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

Thanks for the feedback!

48. not given March 28, 2013 at 7:50 am #

I am back to leave a review for others looking at this product. It certainly does what it promises – once I learned how to start from usb on my laptop in less than 1 min I was online and the homepage on firefox is set to tell you if you are anonymous or not – a really nice feature. There is a nice set of programs to do word stuff, manage your photos, lots of room to save my files (got the 16gb model). Browsing is usually pretty quick – the tor network can be a bit laggy sometimes, but nothing too bad.

Overall the ninjastik gets a 5 of 5 from my experience so far.

• ninjastik March 29, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

Thanks for coming back to review.

49. Stephan March 12, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

I am very happy with my NinjaStik. The best thing invented, thanks!

50. Abram March 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm #

All I can say is that NinjaStik is the bomb! It’s a life saver. Thanks.

51. Clay March 7, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

I just got my Ninjastik today and so far I am very impressed. Looking forward to using it all of the time because I am really enjoying what it does.

52. Danielle February 27, 2013 at 5:46 pm #

Ninjastik is absolutely awesome and a Godsend, thank you!

53. Rachel February 21, 2013 at 7:02 pm #

I am so happy with the Ninjastik and so glad to have come across it!

54. Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 11:45 pm #

AWESOME, AWESOME AWESOME – was worried about having the tor package installed on my laptop and this is perfect, really simple for a non technical person like myself. I might start a anonymous blog now.

• ninjastik February 5, 2013 at 7:22 am #

Thanks for the feedback. Remember – if you start an anonymous blog, never sign into it from your regular computer without the NinjaStik. If you log into the blog without the NinjaStik your real IP address will be registered on the blog server.

55. Anonymous February 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

Got my ninjastik last week and it is awesome – after messing around trying to make tor work, this was perfect and it actually does get me on in less than a minute. Thanks!

• ninjastik February 5, 2013 at 7:21 am #

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your NinjaStik.

56. anon February 1, 2013 at 9:38 am #

Came back to leave feedback – if your in doubt, dont be. this is the sh*t – any site you want and it loads up in less than a minute

• ninjastik February 5, 2013 at 7:20 am #

Thanks :-)

57. Anonymous January 31, 2013 at 7:43 pm #

Ordered this and it shipped in 12 hours, received in 3 days. Plugged it in to my home PC and it worked first time in less than a minute although i wasn’t using a stopwatch it felt like much less. Have found that browsing speed is a bit slower than normal but not so much as to be annoying

• ninjastik February 5, 2013 at 7:20 am #

Thanks for the feedback, if you find that browsing is unusually slow, open the Vidalia control panel and click on ‘new identity’. This will give you a new connection through TOR.

58. Anonymous January 29, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Got it, loaded up fast with an old Gateway laptop, had problems getting my Dell to boot from USB but got it to work with it too. Make sre your laptop can boot from the usb

59. anonymoustoo January 18, 2013 at 12:12 am #

5 of 5 stars for the Ninjastick – arrived last week and saved me a bunch of trouble with TOR, plus being encrypted I am pretty happy with it so far.

• ninjastik February 5, 2013 at 7:17 am #

Glad to hear it is working great.

60. newuser January 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

I received my ninjastik yesterday and here is my review. It works just as promised – the first time using it I had to connect to the wifi and restart tor from the panel. After that it loads up fast and firefox pops up saying that I am connected to tor properly every time. Viewing websites is a bit slower than normal because it is using tor, but overall, first impressions – great device, very easy to use.

61. Anonymous January 10, 2013 at 6:42 pm #

Works great, arrived in 5 days, thanks!

62. youdontknowmenow January 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

I received my ninja stik and it works just as described. I was a bit unsure when opening the package – it’s just a 16 GB usb thumb drive, doesn’t have a logo on the drive, it came in a small bubblewrap envelope with a half page sheet telling me how to use it. Aside from the basic packaging, it works and it is less than a minute to the TOR check page on my laptop.

63. Anonymous December 28, 2012 at 12:05 pm #

I received my Ninjastick in the mail today (only 4 days after ordering) and wanted to leave my evaluation of it here.

It worked with my Gateway Celeron laptop, had to change the boot order in the bios.

The NinjaStik loaded, asked for my encryption password, then my login password and then loaded the desktop. It did not connect to TOR right away as I had to select my wifi router first. Once that was done I restarted TOR from the control panel and it loaded TOR very quickly.

Overall the Ninjastick worked as advertised and I am looking forward to starting my anonymous blog soon.

64. Gale Hayes December 1, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

I’m going to use this to run my blog – any advice on how to do it? BTW it works on my home computer, haven’t tried it with wireless yet.

65. StonedImpala November 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

This thing is sweet – I was worried the ‘rents would see TOR installed on my laptop. I just need to figureout where to send my deliveries.

66. Crunchy November 24, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Got mine today and was on SR right away – now I need to figure out bitcoin – have anything for that?

• admin November 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

You can check out the bitcoin guide here http://www.weusecoins.com/ Be sure to read through the guides carefully and you’ll be fine. Cheers.

67. Casandra R November 22, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

This is awesome! Got mine yesterday and it works with my Toshiba laptop perfectly – was online in less than a minute after setting up my wifi. Thanks

68. Saotouch November 16, 2012 at 4:55 pm #

It WORKS! thanks NinjaStik :-)